Join Our Team
DMARC is currently hiring a Mobile Food Pantry Associate.
Mobile Food Pantry Associate
Title: Mobile Food Pantry Associate
Reports to: Operations Manager
Classification: Full Time & Non-Exempt
Date Posted: December 1, 2021
Pay: $15-17/hour; paid every other week
The purpose of this position is to assist with the operation of the DMARC Mobile Food Pantries. This is a full-time 30 hour plus position with benefits. The shifts varying between 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Shifts may be longer than 8 hours There will be frequent evenings and weekend hours required.
- Drive the mobile food pantry unit to the designated locations.
- Manage set-up and teardown at the designated locations.
- Willingness to work with school age children.
- Process client intake into the DMARC database system.
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of volunteers.
- Manage inventory of pantry, including quality of product and stock inventory.
- Represent DMARC in an appropriate manner at all times to the public.
- Maintain a safe driving record.
- Responsible for safety checks of Mobile Pantry vehicles and maintain the cleanliness of the vehicles.
- Make management aware of equipment problems or safety concerns regarding vehicles, road conditions, and other safety hazards.
- Work with volunteers and staff at each of the site locations.
- Represent the DMARC Food Pantry Network and the Mobile Pantry at community events.
- Expand DMARC outreach into the community when possible.
- Assist with the DMARC Delivery program.
- Assist with other DMARC warehouse, office operations, and events when staff support is needed.
- Assist with other duties assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with a variety of people and treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate good verbal communication skills with clients, pantry site staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate the ability to train and lead others in a respectful manner.
- Ability and willingness to drive a pickup truck pulling a 28’ trailer along with other DMARC vehicles such as a cargo van, a cube truck and 20’ straight truck with air brakes. Understand and recognize basic vehicle maintenance. Will train qualified drivers.
- Ability and willingness to lift, push and pull 50+ pounds repeatedly throughout the work day.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship between Mobile pantry sites and DMARC.
- Communicate any concerns to DMARC management related to activities at the site locations.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to use basic computer skills and databases, to maintain quality statistical data for network. Will train for network database.
- Must be able to pass both a criminal and drivers background check.
Accountability and Evaluation
The position reports to the DMARC Operations Manager. A job review is conducted annually.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Joe Dolack, email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Note: Statements included on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee(s) assigned to this job. The statements should not be construed as exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Candidate must take and pass routine background check before they will be considered a qualified hire.
DMARC will follow public health guidelines to ensure employees feel safe within the workplace. DMARC will make sure personal protection equipment is available when needed and/or requested.
DMARC is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.